I'm not sure what to call this...
Well, today I had the chance to sleep in. And it was glorious. I slept in til 11:30am. Not only that, but I woke up to a beautiful sun shiny day! I was super excited about how I was going to spend today and all of the things I was going to get accomplished. But them my mind started coming up with all the things that I needed to do and realized that I didn't want to do them. Then the more I looked around my apartment and saw all the cleaning that was necessary and the pile of dishes that had accumulated in last few days and suddenly my sun shiny day became clouded over with thoughts of "must do this" and "must do that"'s . So, I decided to go for a power walk. Probably my way of procrastinating. So, out I was for a walk and I realized that I had been down this same path many times but today I was all of a sudden struck by the beauty of the ravine. I know I sound cheezy right now, but it's kind of true. I don't think I had ever really stopped to admire how pretty the ravine is. And then a few moments later I saw a cute little bird that I had never seen of it's kind before. I'm not an avid bird watcher by any means, but it made me realize that my mind has been so preoccupied with how many calories I'm burning that I hardly ever looked up and noticed the bigger world around me. I wonder how much I've missed by letting my mind run wild and becoming focused so much on the things I need to do or have to do in order to have a "better" life.
A good friend of mine just recently reminded me the importance of friendships. I had let my life become over run with school, and work. And as a result I had let my friendships slip away. I am reminded again of how I have also let my relationship with God slip away too. I work at a Christian school, with Christian co-workers and am surrounded by the Christian atmosphere all of the time. Yet, I constantly am putting other things infront of my relationship with Christ. There is so much that I desire to change about myself but yet I always try to take things and do them on my own. God is showing me now that I can't do it on my own. But I have no idea what surrender is supposed to look like or feel like or where exactly am I supposed to put my priorities?
Well, enough rambling I guess. Take care!
A good friend of mine just recently reminded me the importance of friendships. I had let my life become over run with school, and work. And as a result I had let my friendships slip away. I am reminded again of how I have also let my relationship with God slip away too. I work at a Christian school, with Christian co-workers and am surrounded by the Christian atmosphere all of the time. Yet, I constantly am putting other things infront of my relationship with Christ. There is so much that I desire to change about myself but yet I always try to take things and do them on my own. God is showing me now that I can't do it on my own. But I have no idea what surrender is supposed to look like or feel like or where exactly am I supposed to put my priorities?
Well, enough rambling I guess. Take care!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home