A Hope for Healing
I know it's Christmas time. And I love Christmas. But this year feels different somehow. The last two weeks have been one thing after another. And just when I thought things were slowing down, another thing pops up that I can't ignore. Amidst what is supposed to be a happy and joyous time, all I've been seeing and experiencing lately is heaviness, pain and hurt. I wonder where the joy in this is. I wonder if people are really happy at Christmas time or is it a way to cover up or ignore the stuff that's really going on? Or is it that this is a time of year specifically set aside where we are to remember the hope that we have in Jesus Christ. The hope for healing, the hope for something better and greater in the midst of our pain and heaviness.
I think that I can authentically say, that the last two weeks have brought me to remember that despite all the pain and suffering that we go through, there is a hope for healing. A hope for freedom. As much as I would like to fix things myself and know for myself that there is healing and hope in the near future, I can't. I think God knew we wouldn't be able to bear that load. So he made a better way through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Thank you, God.
Have a blessed Christmas everyone.
I think that I can authentically say, that the last two weeks have brought me to remember that despite all the pain and suffering that we go through, there is a hope for healing. A hope for freedom. As much as I would like to fix things myself and know for myself that there is healing and hope in the near future, I can't. I think God knew we wouldn't be able to bear that load. So he made a better way through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Thank you, God.
Have a blessed Christmas everyone.


4 Comments:
At 1:07 PM,
Cordella said…
HEY HUN!!! Are you excited about New York yet?!?!?!?!?!? I sure am and I can't wait to see you too!
At 9:47 PM,
Cheri said…
Hey Tonis: Keep your chin up. Christmas is a crazy busy time and it is hard to remember what the whole season is actually about or maybe not hard to remember but hard to focus on. I will pray that you find the healing you need to be happy and joyous again!! If you need someone to talk to some time, just give me a call and we can chat or go for coffee, shopping or whatever!! Take care
At 11:33 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hope is something I just did a bit of a paper on for prov. It's where we "endure" and "bear" the burdens that come our way. Christ endured the cross and bore our sins for us. If he can do that he can help you through what you are facing. Hang in there my friend!
Rebs
At 8:13 PM,
Jennine said…
MERRY CHRISTMAS Toni!!! Love you girl!!!! ;) - J.
Post a Comment
<< Home