BANANAS!
Hello, again! I know it's been a while. Things were really hectic for a while with school starting. We had to head up the Student Leadership Training week, as well as Student Orientation week all by ourselves (us RD's). It was pretty stressful and I'm so glad it's over. Things have slowed down a lot but I am still catching up on the work that I didn't get to 4 weeks ago. It's pretty sad when I can tell that I'm losing my mind cuz I am thinking of so much. For instance, today I was so excited to bake banana chocolate chip cookies. So, there I am, in my little kitchen, baking away. I'm excited for the aromas to start filling my apartment, and to finally taste the final product. I spoon the mix into the muffin tins, and pop them into the oven. I enjoy the left over batter in the bowl and am super excited for these to finish baking. I turn towards the sink and start piling the dishes in the corner so I can start cleaning up and gasp! What are the bananas still doing out here? My eyes widen with horror as I realized that I had completely forgotten to add the bananas to my BANANA chocolate chip muffins! How in the world could I have missed the bananas? The main INGREDIENT! It was too late to add them in. So, now I have Cinnamon Chocolate chip muffins which are slightly dense due to the lack of moisture it would have gotten from the bananas. Oh well, I just wash it down with a glass of milk and it tastes just fine.
Who forgets the bananas? Apparently I do. Apparently I also forget to put the turkey into the oven at thanksgiving. Yeah, that's another story. I'm not that bad of a cook. I'm really not.
Who forgets the bananas? Apparently I do. Apparently I also forget to put the turkey into the oven at thanksgiving. Yeah, that's another story. I'm not that bad of a cook. I'm really not.


3 Comments:
At 10:40 PM,
Anonymous said…
ah, Toni...reading your blog makes me miss you. That's the sort of thing I'd do too. Very funny. Enjoy your muffins :)
At 10:56 AM,
Trev and Rebekah said…
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I often check your blog to see how you are doing. Any updates on certain people?
Sure do miss ya,
Rebekah
At 2:10 PM,
Jennine said…
true that.....you've made some pretty sweet cakes in the past!!! I seem to recall you making me 2 cakes for the same Bday.....lol...those silly boys!
Post a Comment
<< Home