Random
"Random" is pretty much the only word that I can start to explain the cool experience I had last night.
This weekend at Taylor is Hoopfest- a big basketball tournament with teams from Alberta and even Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Well, one of those teams happens to be the best school EVER - The Bethany Eagles! Both the men's and women's teams were staying on campus for the tournament.
Well, last night it was my turn to be at the Security desk. Two guys from Bethany came in and were taking pictures of this random plastic figurine (which they called, "Armpit Man") in...random places. So, we got to chatting and I told them that I was a graduate of Bethany...many years ago. I must say that it warmed my heart to hear about how Bethany was doing and who was still there and how things have changed. It's so great to hear that the same people are still there working in the administration. It just goes to show that people love Bethany and are dedicated to the students and the opportunities it provides. Sharing with each other our Bethany experiences brought back so many memories and warm and fuzzy feelings to my heart. Bethany will always hold a special place in my heart. Since Bethany, I haven't experienced the community, and friendships like I did there. There's just something about Bethany. We even talked about "juice stalling" and how everyone does it but doesn't like to admit it. But we all know everyone does it. Some things just haven't changed.
Those were some of the best years so far of my life. What was cool was that we kept talking about the spiritual growth of students on campuses. These guys were really open and honest and willing to share with me stuff that's going on and I was able to share with them. In the end, we were joined by two other guys from Bethany, and they asked if they could pray for me. It was a real blessing and such a refreshement for me. They were very sincere and I was able to pray for them as well.
It's kind of cool, if you think about it, how God blesses his people through just random things in life. I had never met these guys before, but because we share a common bond, we were able to go deeper. It wasn't planned or anything. It was totally spontaneous.
I am truly blessed by our conversation and prayer time together. So, I know these guys probably won't see this, but to Caesar, Brady, Curtis and Chris, thanks for the good talk and for your prayers.
Hey. One of the guys is from Rosenort, MB. And he knows Trevor and Rebekah Friesen. I love the Mennonite Connection.
This weekend at Taylor is Hoopfest- a big basketball tournament with teams from Alberta and even Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Well, one of those teams happens to be the best school EVER - The Bethany Eagles! Both the men's and women's teams were staying on campus for the tournament.
Well, last night it was my turn to be at the Security desk. Two guys from Bethany came in and were taking pictures of this random plastic figurine (which they called, "Armpit Man") in...random places. So, we got to chatting and I told them that I was a graduate of Bethany...many years ago. I must say that it warmed my heart to hear about how Bethany was doing and who was still there and how things have changed. It's so great to hear that the same people are still there working in the administration. It just goes to show that people love Bethany and are dedicated to the students and the opportunities it provides. Sharing with each other our Bethany experiences brought back so many memories and warm and fuzzy feelings to my heart. Bethany will always hold a special place in my heart. Since Bethany, I haven't experienced the community, and friendships like I did there. There's just something about Bethany. We even talked about "juice stalling" and how everyone does it but doesn't like to admit it. But we all know everyone does it. Some things just haven't changed.
Those were some of the best years so far of my life. What was cool was that we kept talking about the spiritual growth of students on campuses. These guys were really open and honest and willing to share with me stuff that's going on and I was able to share with them. In the end, we were joined by two other guys from Bethany, and they asked if they could pray for me. It was a real blessing and such a refreshement for me. They were very sincere and I was able to pray for them as well.
It's kind of cool, if you think about it, how God blesses his people through just random things in life. I had never met these guys before, but because we share a common bond, we were able to go deeper. It wasn't planned or anything. It was totally spontaneous.
I am truly blessed by our conversation and prayer time together. So, I know these guys probably won't see this, but to Caesar, Brady, Curtis and Chris, thanks for the good talk and for your prayers.
Hey. One of the guys is from Rosenort, MB. And he knows Trevor and Rebekah Friesen. I love the Mennonite Connection.


4 Comments:
At 11:33 AM,
Trev and Rebekah said…
Hey, who is it that knows us. That's really cool!
I'm glad you were blessed. How are you doing these days my friend?
At 9:04 PM,
Cheri said…
Hey Tonis: Sorry I haven't called you lately to see how things are. You sound like you're doing pretty good. It's cool you got to see some of the current BBI students. Those were the best years of my life too and I was so thankful for the experience there and the friends that I made!!! I would love to have a reunion next summer and see where everyone is at!!! Take care and hopefully we'll talk soon.
At 3:23 PM,
Anonymous said…
HeY Tonis
its been way to long, how are you? I would lve to chat with you sometime. IM still in the city and working as an EA, I will never forget BBI either, greatest years of my life we sure had fun.
Natasha
At 7:56 AM,
Janelle said…
oh i love Bethany connections - and it makes me so proud to hear that they asked if they could pray for you!! we're super blessed to have had the experiences that we did there.
love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home