Tonis

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Home Sweet Home!







Well, Geoff and I decided to make a trip out to Lanigan to visit my parents. It was a fun and relaxing time from start to finish. Geoff and I had fun just driving through the Prairies listening to music and talking non-stop. So this is us.







We enjoyed our time in Lanigan. I got to show Geoff my home town and see how much is still the same and how some things have changed. It was exciting to show him where I grew up. We had a good time just relaxing at home with mom and dad.

On Saturday, Geoff and I made breakfast as well as supper for mom and dad. In the morning we enjoyed french toast and bacon - a treat for my parents. In the evening, we made tempura vegetables as an appetizer (really good for our first time). For supper Geoff made a delicious garlic beef stir fry. And for dessert, baked apples with granola and ice cream. DELISH!


Here's some shots of our cooking.









We had a really good time with Mom and Dad. Here is a lovely little picture of the four of us. Mom and Dad, thank you so much for a great weekend. We had a good time relaxing with you at the house and spending some time with you. We'll have to come back soon and do it again. Love you!

Our trip was soon over and we headed back out to Edmonton. One thing I like about us as a couple, is that we can be pretty relaxed about things and therefore allows us to be spontaneous at times. I've been thinking about all of my friends from the good ol' Bethany days and missing them a lot. As we were passing through Saskatoon, I all of a sudden just had an urge to see my good friend Mel Berg. So, after chatting with Geoff about it for second, I decided to give Mel a call. Well, thank the Lord, she was home! It was so good to see her again and to see Mikayla and meet Brookie for the first time.
Mel, I miss you a lot and I'm so glad I called and was able to come for a visit. It has been way too long.

It was a short trip but well worth it. Here's to Family and Friends. Thanks for being such blessings in my life!

And Geoff, thank you for being flexible with me and allowing me to be just who I am. You have challenged me and supported me in many ways. We've been through so much but have come a long way and even stronger and closer than before. I love you.





1 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad things are going well for you my dear. "To Infinity and Beyone." Do we even know what that means anymore. :0) Will you be at my sister's wedding this summer? I'd love to catch up with you again-Rebekah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home