Running? What's that?
Well, I think I can safely say that I discovered something new about myself. Or maybe I've always known it, but maybe I was just in denial.
I've discovered that I am not a runner. I dislike running. Even jogging...or would people consider that the same thing? I've tried numerous times over the last few years to get into the habit of going for a run. And sometimes I can tell that I've been improving. But, I just don't enjoy it. It's not very fun for me.
But, I have discovered that I like walking! It's so much more enjoyable and I feel like I can take in the outdoor experience more rather than trying to calculate how much longer I will last on a run. Today was a whopping 10 degrees and it was such pleasant weather for a walk. The sun is finally shining and I feel the Spring season coming up! Can't wait! I'm not certain if the winter weather is finished yet, but I greatly anticipate double digit weather. Above 0 degrees of course!
I've discovered that I am not a runner. I dislike running. Even jogging...or would people consider that the same thing? I've tried numerous times over the last few years to get into the habit of going for a run. And sometimes I can tell that I've been improving. But, I just don't enjoy it. It's not very fun for me.
But, I have discovered that I like walking! It's so much more enjoyable and I feel like I can take in the outdoor experience more rather than trying to calculate how much longer I will last on a run. Today was a whopping 10 degrees and it was such pleasant weather for a walk. The sun is finally shining and I feel the Spring season coming up! Can't wait! I'm not certain if the winter weather is finished yet, but I greatly anticipate double digit weather. Above 0 degrees of course!


4 Comments:
At 8:08 AM,
Trev and Rebekah said…
See I love running but my knees don't handle it much any more. Trev wants to get into running. I'm proud that my husband wants to get into shape. I just won't be able to run with him because I need to take 2 or 3 steps for every one of his. :0)
At 10:18 PM,
Unknown said…
TONI, what is up girl. Glad to hear your not going to run. I think we should all stop running. what is the point. if we want a work out we should hire a scary man with a gun to chase us for about 50 fet and that will be the same as running for 30 minutes. Possible business idea. Think about it.
Any how, glad to hear you are getting married. Congrats. All the blessings with your marriage.
Drop a line sometime.
have a good one.
At 10:19 PM,
Unknown said…
sirnodnarb@gmail.com
At 11:31 PM,
Cheri said…
Hey Tonis: Thanks for the comment, we should totally get together sometime very soon!! i would love to get together for coffee whenever it suits you. Oh I am also involved in starting up a women's group at River West Christain Church and our first event is Monday night at 7 at the church. If you're free you should come on down. It's $2, send me an email if you're interested or leave a comment on my blog!! Later
Post a Comment
<< Home